Please note we are still redeveloping our new website
What is the most convenient way to plan a really successful Scottish island holiday or Scotland short break? Where to find the friendly advice and helpful tips to make your dreams to visit the Hebrides or the northern 'Viking' isles of Orkney & Shetland a reality - the easy way of course.
How many Scottish islands could we visit? Or here's a tricky question, which islands should we visit?
Of course one way round this is to get your map out and follow all these little dotted lines across the sea. A better approach can be to speak to someone who's been there before.
Which is why we're Scottish island holiday specialists and have developed some super island hopping holiday packages.
Where would you like to visit?
- the Outer Hebrides islands of Lewis, Harris, North Uist, Benbecula, South Uist and Barra (truly a rewarding experience so different from the rest of Scotland);
- the Isle of Skye (magical);
- islands such as Mull (great for wildlife), Iona (great for heritage), Islay (great for whisky), Gigha (a really good island);
- small isles of Coll, Tiree and Colonsay (great for birdwatching and surfing if you're feeling energetic!);
- the Clyde islands of Arran (great for walking) and Bute (marvel at magnificent Mount Stuart House);
- and the northern 'Viking' isles of Orkney, Shetland and Fair Isle (great for archaeology, nature, history and so much more).
You can "sail overseas and vacation at home", where travelling to your island destination onboard a Caledonian MacBrayne or NorthLink ferry is all part of your memorable holiday experience.
As well as being able to choose one of our carefully researched island holiday self drive packages, you might like us to tailor make a holiday itinerary to suit your own individual preferences. Let your imagination run free, think about your holiday dreams and simply call us to make it a reality.
So, have a look through our Scottish holidays for ideas and give us a call or send us an e-mail and let us get to work helping with your holiday plans. We'll look after you with good advice backed up by years of experience arranging wonderful Scottish holidays to the amazing destinations we know and love.
Make sure you get the dates your want and your prefered choice of good hotel accommodation, friendly B&Bs & guest houses or self catering cottages.
If you're looking for accommodation in other parts of Scotland, including family run hotels, country house & castle hotels, bed & breakfast accommodation and self catering cottages & lodges, remember we have them all across Scotland.
From the friendly team at Hart Holidays - bringing you "holidays from the heart"!
P.S. Perhaps the remoteness of the islands is part of the addiction for which there is no known cure - and only one treatment - TO GO THERE!